View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 06:48 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by madwab View Post
Well, by that definition, Project Gutenberg can't claim copyright either - typing a novel into a computer is also not creative. I don't know that I'd actually bother to try to sell it, but I'd certainly be annoyed if someone else did.
PG don't claim copyright. They simply require that IF you refer to "Project Gutenberg" in your book, that you leave in all their licence material. You are free to remove it all, and then do whatever you wish with the book, including resell it, etc.

Quote:
I chose Word because I'm familiar with it and I've never had any problems converting between it and html; I've saved LM as html and it looks fine, as does the pdf version.

The only remaining issue is that the PG version has a list of illustrations which are html links, I haven't found out yet how to set it up in Word so I may have to do so in html. I may also post a prc version without illustrations - I don't find the illustrations add anything in this particular work.
I like illustrations myself, but that's just a personal preference. The problem with Word's HTML export is that it's stuffed full of extraneous material, and can be difficult to subsequently edit as HTML.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote