View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Hit Nail on the head.

I do think some of this is from where, when and what UI you started with

Me, I started using computers with Teletypes and "dumb" terminals.
Blink, Bright were your options (Monochrome in those days).

I hate the interface of this MR BBS ( I started with and still haunt USENET, and use a simple threaded newsreader: Forte Agent (PAN is a poor imitation ). I can read my ~50 subscribed groups and never touch a mouse. )

I would say that if it was possible to have and use "Saved" preferences, do so and let the user customize the cr*p out of their UI.

Saved is important, so if another person uses MY system, the default UI can be put back in place for them without destroying the other set customization (think of Windows (Advanced, customized) desktop themes).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote