View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #28
PiAir
PiAir began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX and BeBook
Hi,

First of all: thank you for providing this script. Since I'm in Europe, this looks like my only possible way to get online with my new Kindle DX.

When I try to use the 0.05 bin however I get an error code 003 and then it stops.
I tried it using the alternative usbnetwork script that ebs posted, but with the same result.

Is there a way that I can make the bin output a more descriptive error message then just the 003 error code provided by the Kindle update program?
And if so, could you please give an suggestion as to where I could do that best?

p.s. since this is my first post, it might be polite to introduce myself: I'm a blogger and live in the Netherlands and write (in Dutch) about IT and Education. I imported the Kindle DX and can't use the whispernet (of course). Being able to use the USBNetwork would be nice, though even now I can buy/download Amazon Kindle books and read them on the Kindle.

However the Settings screen doesn't show anything except "register" if you haven't done that yet.

Thanks,

Pierre