View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #16
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

There is already an example of B2B with the eFlyBook. To me this indicates the intent of iRex to market tailored devices for business or consumer specific purposes instead of just a widely marketed e-reader device. In as much this might indicate why the iLiad was closed off to developers very quickly after it was found to be pretty open in firmware 2.4 It could be that iRex perceives the device as proprietary and would want to independently capitalize on any marketing opportunities.

The beauty of the iLiad despite the current shortcomings is that it has a much greater perceived potential than the Sony Reader, especially when you take into consideration DRM constraints. I see the Sony Reader as being more just a e-reader (I am not casting any aspersions on the Sony Reader - I am sure it is a very competent, complete and marketable device) and the iLiad seems to be attempting to be more of a Swiss Army Knife of a reader with the potential of further capabilities.
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote