View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 09:38 AM   #419
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
I check FBReader out once in a while to see if it has been updated. Perfect for me, except it does NOT have multi touch zones on Android, a deal breaker for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norweger View Post
Six-seven years ago I downloaded them all, and without a shadow of doubt preferred FBReader. For various reasons:

• Good layout
• Syncs to the cloud
• Read on multiple devices with sync
• Highlight your favorite quotes, and access them from you PC
• Translate with the dictionary you prefer, with ColorDict (install any you'd like, but scrape first)
• Translate with Google Translate

What's not to love? Well, it ain't that good at reading a books CSS it's been said, and I believe that. But I don't care much about that. What app is best today, I don't know. Maybe I'd prefer another today, could very well be, but I think I'd still go with FBReader, if I had to start fresh.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote