View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 09:35 PM   #15
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'll have a look for it. But, off the top of my head, two plugins that do this are FanFicFare and Obok (part of the DRM tools). The former is huge, but it can add newly created books to an existing calibre book.

Obok is a lot simpler but is intended to add a new book from scratch. I can't remember what it does if the book already exists in the library. I have a version of it that doesn't do the DRM removal. I've been meaning to add an option to let it add the book as a kepub instead of epub. At the time someone did the last rewrite of Obok, there wasn't much much point in doing that as the other plugins needed to fully handle kepubs didn't exist. Now, they do and if the kepub is based on epub3, I tend to add it to the library as a kepub as that works better on the Kobo devices.

The other thing you could do is have a user interface plugin to install kepubify. The output plugin could check for that and error if it doesn't exist. Plus it can supply all the paths needed. A little messy, but it should work.
OK, thanks! I think I now have all the info I need for now.

P.S. Can you take a look at my last post in the 4.11.12019 thread? That firmware is really, really unusual.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote