View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 01:53 AM   #5
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
You will need to download the kepubify binaries to build it.
I'm not familiar with the Caibre Plugin development, but how can I use your kepubify plugin with Calibre.

From the Preferences->Plugins page, it says I can load plugin from file (zip file), so I downloaded the `kepubify-calibre-plugin.zip` file from github calibre-plugin branch, but Calibre failed to load it and saying
Quote:
calibre, version 3.34.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:The plugin in u'D:\\kepubify-calibre-plugin.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file

calibre 3.34 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 317, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 193, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 291, in _locate_code
InvalidPlugin: The plugin in u'D:\\kepubify-calibre-plugin.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file
And you said, "You will need to download the kepubify binaries to build it."

So, how exactly can I test your kepubify calibre plugin?

UPDATE:

I got it, I have to put the `kepubify-windows-32bit.exe`(why not check x86 or x64 since you do that for linux in __init__.py file) file into the directory which contains `__init__.py` file and then archive the two files into a zip file, and then load this zip file in Calibre->Pregerences->Plugins page, and it is now successfully installed. I'll test its functions later, since I'm currently in an environment which contains empty Calibre.

As for "Conflicts with KePub Output Plugin" problem, I don't know whether you can check if Calibre enables `KePub Output Plugin` already or not and pop a window saying which one to enable.

Last edited by codychan; 11-26-2018 at 02:54 AM.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote