View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 09:18 PM   #31919
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
My company had a client pull work away meaning my department is not needed. I do not know if I will get laid off or cross trained. On top of that we are going threw a merger and they sent an email to all employees on the severance pay package. We are a big company and my area does not overlap with the company buying us so a good chance I will not get laid off. We are in real estate, mutual funds, software , finance, healthcare. I am on the healthcare side which is a division the company thats buying us wants to get into so I should be safe. I am still scared for I am tenured and they can easily replace me with someone making less money. A small part of me wants to get laid off for my severance will be over $20,000 so when i get a new job most likely less pay that $20,000 will help me get by a long time and it may nice to have a change. Then again I do not want to loose tenure and the 6 weeks vacation a year I get.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote