View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 08:23 AM   #31918
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I got the bright idea to make my own stickers for my planner. I have various sticker papers, from the manufacturer of the plotter; white, craft and transparent. I wanted to start with small light bulb stickers to use as indication for when I'm working.

I bought two different light bulb files from Etsy. Downloaded them and loaded them into my plotter software, which has a Print & Cut option (it prints registration marks so the plotter knows where to cut).

The first file, with colourful bulbs I printed on transparent sticker paper. It should work with inkjet printers, but after waiting for over an hour it still smudges. I'll give another couple of hour and if it doesn't work I'll use the fixative spray I have. I do like the transparent look, so I'll have to find one that works for the ink of my Canon printer.

The second batch, with a simple line drawing, I printer out on craft sticker paper. It took me dozens of tries to get the plotter to see the registration marks, even using a flashlight. I think the craft paper was too dark for the sensor, even if the machine is standing next to the window. But I eventually got it to cut. The first row was right on target. The rest wasn't. Though this could have been user error, I might not have used the right settings when printing.

I'm now doing the simple bulbs again on which sticker paper. It found the registration marks at the first go and it's now cutting the circles around the bulbs and halfway through it seems to be doing a good job now. This is nice and thick sticker paper, I have done it before with store bought paper, but it was really thin and printed washed out. However, this is expensive paper and only 8 sheets in one pack. So I'll have to find a better quality I can get at a local store.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote