View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 09:00 PM   #702
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
I bought a Kobo Aura on Saturday. I bought it in a local shop so I could easily return it if it was defective. It has the cross-hatch pattern at the top of the screen and a bright pin-prick right at the bottom. Neither of them bother me enough to make me return it.

My first impressions are disappointing. The screen has a yellowish tinge to it and seems to be more blurry than the Kobo Touch despite the increased resolution. Pages turns are quicker and the screen only flashes once a chapter. I would have been happy with my Kobo Touch but the battery was severely degraded after only very intermittent charging over the past two years. I really like the form-factor of the Aura, it is very light, thin and the flush bezel is a huge improvement. However the colour and defects of the screen are disappointing.

I have been reading on a tablet for a while now and perhaps I have to adjust again to an E-Ink device. I still prefer my tablet but a battery which last less than 10 hours is not really compatible with my reading habits.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote