Thread: Literary Owls Do Cry by Janet Frame
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 02:43 PM   #4
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'm enjoying the audiobook narrated by Heather Bolton. She's doing a good job although oddly her voice sounds a little suburban Melbourne to me even though she's from New Zealand. Not that I'm any sort of expert on the differences in those accents and they all sound somewhat similar-ish to me, but I'm a fan of the television series Kath & Kim and those characters purposely have a distinct accent that I assume is a send up of a suburban Melbourne accent since that's where it's set. With Bolton sometimes I swear she sounds just like a character from that show and how they talk as opposed to say the accents I heard in Hunt for the Wilderpeople that's set in New Zealand which I just watched a few weeks ago.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote