View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 06:09 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunsingerUK View Post
Therefore I was wondering which one you think is the best, for comic books. I also plan on using my library of pdfs to read(I do understand I'll have to convert these, and thats no problem as I'm a techie)

I am looking at the sony prs-505 and the kindle 2
Well, as far as I know, there is no device that natively reads CBR files. But IIRC they're just a bunch of JPEGs crammed into a ZIP container, so you should have little difficulty, as (to my knowledge) every reader should read JPEG.
But considering that you want to use pictures and PDF, I think you would be better off with a screen bigger than 6 inches. Did you consider the iRex Digital Reader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunsingerUK View Post
questions: sony is 8 gray scale levels and k2 16. is this a huge difference
That depends on how detailed the comics you want to read are. I totally lack experience, but I think 8 levels should be fine for most comics (I've tested a few pictures on my 4 graylevel Cybook, and, although some detail was missing, it worked great.).
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote