View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 09:17 AM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm confused as to what you're actually experiencing, @ Turtle91. In one breath, you say Preview isn't syncing when you make a manual edit in Code View:

Quote:
when I make an edit in the code view (either manually or with find/replace), the preview will reposition elsewhere on the page... what I've noticed most often it will reposition to about the middle of the html file.
Then in the next breath you say that Preview syncs properly when you click on text in Code View:
Quote:
The preview window will sync properly if I click on the code view window where some text is located.
But since manual editing in Code View would naturally involve clicking on some text, I'm confused as to how the action of editing in Code View could both work and not work at the same time.

Also... if the xhtml file is large enough to be scrollable in Preview (and the area being edited is far enough away from the beginning or end of the rendered content that Preview is not scrolled all the up or all the way down) then sync will always put the content being edited smack in the middle of Preview's viewing window.

You're not under the impression that the cursor in Code View and the corresponding content being rendered in Preview should always line up vertically are you?

No matter if your cursor is at the top, middle, or bottom of Code View, Preview will always try to sync that content (where the cursor is) to the middle of Preview. Unless, of course, syncing the content causes Preview to scroll to the very top, or the very bottom of the rendered page.

Our sync between Code View and Preview was never intended to keep the content in both exactly in line with each other vertically. That's not possible. The goal is to keep the portion of the file you're editing in Code View IN the Preview Window. Near the middle if possible. So you can immediately see the results of your changes. It's the same for the reverse--Preview to Code View sync. The difference there being the text in Code View gets highlighted.

You may be aware of all of this already. My apologies if so. I just want to make 100% sure we're all on the same page as to the expected behavior of syncing between Code View and Preview.

Unless you have an epub or a situation where the above behavior is not happening as described (which I'm not at all ruling out), CV<->PV sync is working for us the way it was designed it to work.

I'm just trying to make sure this is not matter of expectations being different rather than an actual bug.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-31-2021 at 09:24 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote