View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 12:24 PM   #7
downeaster59
Guru
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 5, Onyx Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I treat my T68 with kid-gloves. The potential OS problems are outrageous. I hope they fix this stuff because I hope to invest in a newer, big-screen Onyx at some point.

I will add that Booxtor's consistent presence on these forums to help iron out problems is a big help and a plus. I do admire Onyx's innovation and I suppose these problems are part of it. Without them, e-readers would be so much more boring.

Mind you, I have a very stable Boyue and my rooted Nook ST has not crashed in three years...
That's one of the reasons I have a Boyue and an Onyx device. Though I don't really need both, challenges like this latest one give me a chance to satisfy my tinkering urge for a little while. Then I get back to actually reading books!

My Boyue has been pretty stable as well. But except for that odd little thing with the volume control, this new 1.8.1 firmware looks like a solid improvement for my Onyx thus far (now that I figured out how to actually install the thing).

Yes, I agree that Booxtor has been a big help for Onyx users here. Too bad his store doesn't carry the C67 series or the Kepler Pro. Then he would be an even bigger help!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote