View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
geekyworld
Enthusiast
geekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: kindle
Exclamation Devanagari text not displayed properly in Kindle 4

I bought a Kindle 4 believing the "World's best selling e-reader" would obviously support the Devanagari script since it has Unicode support.

However, when I try to read Hindi language text files I find that the text is not displayed properly. The matras (vowel signs), samyukta akshars (joint letters) etc. are not rendered correctly. So much so it is virtually impossible to read even one sentence without getting a headache. Most Linuxes do a good job of rendering the Devanagari script so I wonder why Kindle can't handle it.

Can somebody tell me how to contact Amazon's development team so they can build an update to fix this problem?

Attached is a screenshot showing this problem.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle_Devanagari_problem.gif
Views:	509
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	111628  

Last edited by geekyworld; 09-21-2013 at 03:55 AM.
geekyworld is offline   Reply With Quote