View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #41
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Probably Amazon does not think that there is much of a market for a 5 inch screen. There is enough that Kobo makes one but I doubt that it is their big mover.

Amazon keeps the 3G Kindle for folks who want connectivity whereever they go and for folks who don't own a computer or don't have WiFi (and yes, I know folks in both those catagories). Amazon is the only one of the major e-readers to do that. It is a niche market. (shrugs)

Heck, I remember people who posted here thinking that WiFi was not needed for their Sony's and if Sony ever did that they would be disappointed. And touch screens were awful (I was one of those). And a whole bunch of other things.

If Kobo was selling a ton of the mini, Amazon would make one. Just like Amazon added the touch screen and the front lighting after Nook and Sony had them. Just like Sony added WiFi after the Kindle and Nook had them.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote