View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 08:25 AM   #68
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by riccardobaldinot View Post
I have been browsing all the Preferences in Calibre, but I could not find where associations are. Could you please explain me? Thanks.
Another way to achieve a similar result is to install 3.48 32bit or portable, and use calibre's Open With feature. To get at it, right click a format in book details, e.g. EPUB and select Open EPUB with then select Add other application for EPUB files then browse for the 32bit/portable viewer - e.g. D:\_Sandpit\Calibre 3.48\Calibre\ebook-viewer.exe.

I prefer this method to messing with Windows file associations, which have been known to disappear from under one's nose.

You can give format/viewer combinations a keyboard shortcut - e.g. for EPUBs I have Sigil at Shift+S and for DOCXs I have Word at Shift+W etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote