View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 01:11 AM   #12
nicknackpaddywak
nicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2 (retired), Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
FWIW, MRPI should, ironically, be the *only* thing working (in terms of being able to install custom packages) on a salvaged JB on FW >= 5.15.1.1

The post-MRPI blank screen softlock is a known (and documented) issue on newer firmwares, too, so it's not (necessarily) an indication of failure. Trust what MRPI displayed *before* it attempted to restart the UI.
Alright. Thanks for your reply. I was not expecting such a fast reply...

So from what I understand, MRPI is working? But without KUAL how am I able to start USBnet? Or filebrowser? Or the downgrader? I am a bit confused.

And does the ;log runme command still work? I think it does, because it displays hello world, but how do I run the downgrader or other extensions from log runme? Copying the downgrade.sh and renaming it runme only reboots the device, and does not change its version number for downgrading.

I prefer UI to coding, so that is why I have been nagging about the idea of running it from ;log runme

I am an Android Geek from XDA, and I am a bit new to Kindle tinkering. I first came here to let more people know about the project to install Android forks on Kindles... So please bear with me (and treat me with a patience I did to XDA noobs who did not even know about ADB)

Last edited by nicknackpaddywak; 03-31-2023 at 01:15 AM.
nicknackpaddywak is offline   Reply With Quote