View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 09:27 AM   #1
nicknackpaddywak
nicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enoughnicknackpaddywak will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2 (retired), Kindle Oasis 3
Having a difficult time on downgrading

Hi there!

I am relatively new at Kindle modding and just got KOreader working.

I might have missed steps here and there but I ended up with Amazon getting latest firmware on my device.

So now I DO have the jailbreak but KUAL would not open and even though log mrpi installs KUAL it does not show up.

I tried navigating online for similar issues but none were like mine, since they all had KUAL working.

I am now trying to downgrade my kindle oasis 3 to a previous version, but log runme does nothing since kindle deletes the bin file if it is an older version. Porting the KUAL icon simply ends up with application cannot be started error

Downgrader does not open since KUAL would not open and manually running the sh script from log runme only reboots the kindle.

Any advice? It is jailbroken, but I need to somehow access the options menu that normally would show up in KUAL to downgrade this kindle to a usable state.
nicknackpaddywak is offline   Reply With Quote