View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
If you read Vellum you have to read Ink also since Vellum is kind of half a book. I totally hated the 50 page or more info dump in Snow Crash so it kind of ruined the book for me.
yeah, I know what you are saying. That is what put me off it the first time through. Maybe the 2nd read I was able to block out those protions? It is NOT a comfy read for many for sure. Still, once I got past that filler I really liked it a lot. I tried reading the sequel Diamond Age and never could get into it at all.

An author I really enjoy who is a combo of SciFi and detective pulp fiction is the Budayeen series by Alec Effinger but have yet to find any ebook versions other than Marid Changes His Mind (not a stand alone book really) beyond darknet and I am not one to use that option.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote