View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #15
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria Jones View Post
It is the first time that I hear about DRM. Can I just remove the drm only for personal use?? Or I need to search for the Internet to find out some legal DRM for use?
We really aren't allowed to discuss exactly how to remove DRM here. A starting point is to Google "Audible DRM" and move on from there.

The exact legalities of removing DRM from ebooks, audiobooks, etc, is at best up in the air. Some would argue that it's allowable for personal use when you are format shifting using video tape and CD ripping as examples that were upheld by the US Supreme Court (other countries have their own laws about such things). Others point to later laws which bar removing DRM. My personal take is that as long as it's for personal use and you don't start giving away copies, no one is going to bother you.

As a note, I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so my opinion is just that, my personal opinion.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote