View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #14
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What are these rare cases?
There are HTML display engines with bugs. One of them ignores <style> elements.

So, for this HTML engine, if you want to do a quick one-off styling, you have to use inline styles. The only time I have found it really matters is in the cover page created by Calibre, which uses the <style> element at the top of the page to center the image.

Every EPUB I clean up, I do so with least-common-denominator HTML and CSS, so that it works on the widest possible number of devices/engines. I lose a few things I would like to have, but none are very crucial.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote