View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 01:26 AM   #505
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
I am new to this and am trying to modify my homepage on my Kobo Aura HD but I cannot understand how Kobo Utilites works. I have it in the top bar of Calibre but when I open it and try to type things in nothing works eg: current reading location column, I click on the arrow and there is nothing there,
The configuration for storing the reading status needs some custom columns to be created. Once they exist, they will be displayed in the drop-down lists. There is a description of what is needed in the help supplied with the plugin. Click the help link in the top right corner of the dialog to open this.
Quote:
can someone please explain how to modify my homepage using Kobo Utilities? As in adding tiles with certain functions etc.... I am reading this thread but just don't get it (call me thick). Thanks in advance
You can't add tiles using the plugin, you can only dismiss tiles. The tiles on the home page are maintained as you use the device. Open a book, collection or use the browser and a tile for it will be added to the home page. These will push the current tiles down the page and eventually off. Or you can long press on the tile and dismiss the tile from the home page.

The dismiss tiles function of the plugin simulates this action. It update the device database so that the tile won't show. It also can create a trigger to prevent tiles from showing again, That doesn't work perfectly due to the way the home page works.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote