View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 03:39 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As far as calibre is concerned, the extension for a kepub is just "kepub". The "kepub.epub" extension is used on the Kobo ereaders only. When the kepub is sent to the device, the driver renames the file so the device will handle it properly.

Within calibre, a kepub is treated as any other format. If you select a book that has a kepub as one of its formats, it will be displayed in the details pain along with the other formats. In the tag browser, if you have any kepubs in the library, "Formats" will have an entry for them. Selecting this will show all books that have a kepub as one of its formats.

Getting a kepub into calibre is a little different. If it is on the device, you can select it in the device list, use the "Add books to library function. This will copy sideloaded kepubs, but not purchased kepubs. If you have them elsewhere, you need to rename the file to have the extension "kepub". Calibre can then add the file as a book and extract the metadata as needed. Having calibre add a ".kepub.epub" as a kepub would be a good idea. I'll have a look and talk to Kovid, but I can think of a reason it might not work.

The update in the latest version of calibre is to allow the KoboTouch driver to send kepubs to the device. This was needed for people who had the format in the library and didn't want to use the extended driver.

I think that is it. If I missed anything or explained something badly, ask away.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote