View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #42
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I'm shocked at what I perceive to be the immorality of people getting around georestrictions. The poll is showing a large majority of people would do something to get around the restriction.
I am shocked that you are shocked. Other than government imposed taxes, which is seldom the case, why would an ebook be significantly higher in one country than another? I would not go to a lot of trouble to save a dollar but $5 I would.

I lived in Inuvik, a small town in the Canadian North for a few years and stores sold goods of any nature for more than 4 times as much as in the south. Milk was often $16 a litre. photocopy paper was $20 for a package. Past due dates on some products such as bread could be over a year old. Books strangely enough generally sold at cover price. I had a lot of things shipped in at pretty high rates on occasion, and saved more than 50% overall. The Inuit were usually not so lucky to be able to do this and paid through the nose. A sad form of georestriction if I ever saw one.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote