View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #31
K. Molen
Addict
K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 3, Nexus 10, Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Would the author make less? Not necessarily. Depends on her contract. Sometimes authors get a bigger percentage just for selling foreign rights.
Thank you for this. It cuts to the core of my own thoughts on this topic. As I touched on in my opening post, my primary concern and the primary reason I'm pondering the morality of this behaviour, is the risk of cheating an author off their earnings. I'm glad to read that it's not necessarily a black and white issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
The heading asks about the morality of circumventing georestrictions, while the poll asks whether you actually do it. Not the same thing, so the poll is likely entirely useless.
I don't quite see why it would be useless. I didn't ask a question in the heading, merely stated the topic of the thread. Then I attached a poll related to the topic, because I was curious if people would (not if they do).

Last edited by K. Molen; 09-07-2013 at 05:02 PM.
K. Molen is offline   Reply With Quote