View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
No. I meant building the MOBI from the ePub on my PC with Kindlegen/Previewer and then uploading the resulting MOBI to KDP. Does that follow the same "Type1 fonts being present kills ALL embedded fonts unless zipped with WinRar" rule? Or are all bets off under that scenario?
Howdy:

oh, hell, sorry. (). I don't think, sometimes. Yes, that follows the same rule. In our normal course of business, we build all our client mobi's locally, both with KG and KP, and that's what the first indicator was, a "locally-built" mobi that had vanishing fonts. That one was built with KindleGen from the CL running via a PERL script. We then tried it every other possible way; ePUB->KP (just in case) to KDP; ePUB to KDP; zipped HTML to KDP; etc. No combination of "normal" worked. Only the abnormal via WinRAR has "worked" in resulting in a mobi file with Type1 fonts.

Did I clear that up? Sorry...it's been a very, very long weekend, with a lot of very distressed clients who don't understand why what they got from us suddenly turned into big piles of unrecognizable books post-upload. I'm probably not as clear as usual.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote