View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Well, hell, who knows? When you say, "locally built mobis," you mean mobis built at KDP from ePUBS? Then the answer is yes, they are exhibiting the same behavior. We submitted tons of perfectly valid ePUBs to KDP, made the mobi on the fly, as it were, and POOF!, still no fonts. If you mean something else, then I don't know until I am clear on what you mean.
No. I meant building the MOBI from the ePub on my PC with Kindlegen/Previewer and then uploading the resulting MOBI to KDP. Does that follow the same "Type1 fonts being present kills ALL embedded fonts unless zipped with WinRar" rule? Or are all bets off under that scenario?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-22-2013 at 06:16 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote