View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMee View Post
Got some MOBI files that Calibre just can't convert - thought your plugin might be the trick.

MUst say its a bit weird on first use - I right click the file, plugin is there, only option was to Customise Plugin - only by clicking other files did I realise it only offered options when it found a suitable MOBI file.....

Maybe a note "Unable to unpack this file"??

So, I still have some files that are supposed to be MOBI and even your plugin won't touch - there is SOMETHING in them as opening in Notepad produces gibberish text.

Not a biggie now as I am not interested in reading these downloads - just curiosity piqued as to why they can't be tweaked (and they're not DRM'd)

(Even the eReader in Calibre won't deal with them!)
I'd love it if you could point me toward one of these MOBIs that the plugin isn't recognizing as a MOBI (as long as no copyright is being violated).

If you have python installed you can try the stand-alone Mobi_Unpack script to see if the issue is limited to the plugin, or if the underlying Mobi_Unpack code is equally confused. There's a link in the first post.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-15-2012 at 08:02 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote