View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta Carrota View Post
But I don't think that the data is internal to mobipocket either. I downloaded a copy of a book I own in mobi format and it showed up in mobipocket as having been read for 3 hours and 30 minutes the first time I opened it. So it has to be stored as metadata I would guess.
It's not in the metadata. It's probably tied to a unique identifier in the metadata, but it's definitely a feature of the app and not the MOBI ebook file itself.

Quote:
I forgot to mention I am running Ubuntu and mobipocket through Wine. I had tried the "click on the column header" before and it didn't work. I retried it again and it still doesn't. That's a problem with trying to run Windows programs on Linux generally, I've found, but there isn't really a comparable program to mobipocket that I like for Linux that I have found.
I've not experimented with Mobipocket Reader under WINE (I only know the MP Creator doesn't play nice), but I know Amazon's Kindle for PC will run flawlessly under relatively recent versions of WINE.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote