View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant you didn't think calibre was capable of editing metadata in general.

To my knowledge, the "read time" and "read count", are not part of a MOBI ebook's metadata or any other part of the actual ebook file itself. Those numbers are maintained internally by the Mobipocket Reader Application.

I know you can reset the "Read Count" by right-clicking on the ebook in the library list view, and selecting Properties... then selecting the Summary tab. You'll see the reset button there.

You can also hide any of those columns in the library list view by right-clicking on a column header and unchecking what you don't want to see from the list.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote