View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #711
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insalata View Post
The book I'm reading has quite a lot of formatting, and Stanza's doesn't seem to show Bluefire does much better at the thing that's most important to me: displaying the book.

I still have a weakness for animated page turns, like the one in Blio (originally from Eucalyptus); I'd like it to be able to connect to Stanza; being able to pick a font and set the background colour would be nice; and it would be handy to be able to change tags and have more control over the way books are sorted, but in the end, displaying the text is more important to me. At the moment, Bluefire is doing best, with Blio and iBooks for occasional use.
Stanza is actually capable of showing most if not all the formatting. The problem is it overrides too much of the book's formatting. This can be fixed if you have a jail broken device by editing the CSS template. Essentially you just take out most of the !important tags and allow the book's formatting to take precedence.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote