View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 10:03 AM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
My brother has the Prime plan and I'm a subprime. My primary benefits are shipping, but I also have been able to get other deals such as when they offer really great deals for Prime members (that's how I got the Echo in the first place). I have a kindle registered to his account for the book benefit since he no longer reads, but, I also have access to his account to add the book - can't do it from my account. In addition, since our accounts are linked as a 'family', I can switch accounts on the Echo and listen to any music available to a prime member (which is everything still). So there are some options if you have to give up your Prime membership and link to your hubby's account. And yeah, you won't get the separate video service.
I'm sorry if I missed something. But I have linked my non-Prime account to my wife's Prime account and as far as I know, I have access to all the prime benefits. Including Prime video. Amazon's site says I am entitled to it. I haven't actually tried Prime video under my own account since the TV is already linked to her account and we don't watch on any other device.

As for adding books, you should be able to link your libraries. Though I don't know if there is a way to automatically share books purchased on one account with the other. I think you have to do it manually, book by book. That's another thing I rarely have to do. I wind up buying all the books and if we share, I do it via sideloading from Calibre.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote