View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #10
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
I fixed my problem by restoring my system to an earlier state, from soon after when I installed 6.29 (I back up very regularly and have windows and installed applications on a separate partition from documents & settings, etc., so this is fairly easy for me to do). It would still be nice to know what the problem was, but at least it's working now and hopefully will continue to do so.

My issue clearly is not the same as URwhatUR's. However, it might be worth noting that for a while now, my Calibre msi installations over the top of existing Calibre installations (as opposed to installing freshly after an uninstall) take an inordinately long time to get past the "computing space requirements" screen for me as well. I used to think something was wrong, and I'd cancel the installation, uninstall my existing Calibre, and start over; now I just wait and eventually the install will proceed - but it takes a ridiculous amount of time.

This was not always the case. I can't identify when it started happening, but I think it was some time around the time of the switch from exe to msi installers. I've never experienced this on any other application installation - and again, it only happens when I'm installing a new version of Calibre over an existing one. When I uninstall Calibre before installing the new version, there is no delay.
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote