View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #7
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
A page number that isn't consistent isn't very useful to me. I like to have a way to jump to a location in a book but I need to know that when I enter that location, that's where I'm going. So far the Amazon system is working well in that regard. I think people find the numbering system foreign so it's not very popular, but it at least works consistently.

As for the question at hand, I voted for the Cybook. I think the Bebook could overtake them with some work on their firmware. If they fixed their bugs, added dictionary and font support, and maybe sweetened the deal with another highly-desired feature like folder support or content search, Cybook would be in trouble.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote