View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #13
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
Use the authors field as usual, but manually change author_sort to "Edited by Ln, Fn". Use author_sort when saving to disk.

If you search using the tag browser or the search bar, it would. Also only the first author shows up in the correct place when you sort on author using the normal conventions. So not much worse.

Another option is to have all anthologies in a separate library, perhaps virtual, to allow special handling.
I would be hesitant to try to maintain the author and author_sort fields with totally different information. Too much chance of loosing the list of authors for the anthologies some of which take a fair bit of time to type out lol.

I think my solution (personal solution) is to start slowly adding the editor to a new column "editedby" and at some point save the anthologies again.

After all, my library is fluid. Changing as my needs/ideas take form. That is what I like so much about using Calibre. My working as in take to reading device library is so easy to generate using Save to disk.

I just wish there was a way to save a list of useful save templates.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote