View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #129
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
... The Kobo glo light doesn't go low enough (from what I read)...
I recently got a Kobo Glo because I didn't want to wait for another 6 months to find out Sony really isn't coming out with a front-lit reader. In a normally lit room, there's barely a discernible difference on the Glo between the light off and the lowest setting. In a totally dark room, the lowest light is even a bit too dim for me to read by, I have to raise it up a notch.

Either the hardware or the firmware has been improved since they first came out which regulates the light much better. There also are no "cones" at the bottom where the LEDs are either that were first apparent.

It's not a perfect reader by any means, especially when you've been spoiled by an x50 reader. But the light on it is superb, I couldn't ask for any improvement on that aspect of the reader.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote