View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 01:37 AM   #18
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Angry

The most astonishing paradox and irony regarding corporations, to me, is that it seems that the bigger a corporation is, the worse is their customer service. One might expect the opposite, no?

I feel completely helpless and powerless when dealing with Apple, Microsoft, Google, or Amazon. No difference between them, in my experience. I feel I have no one to turn to. Each of them has thousands of employees, but seemingly no one to really take care of their customers.

What these corporations call "customer service", is typically a parody of it. A bad joke. I can't tell you how many times, after I requested something from one of these corporations, I received a canned text in reply, seemingly written by an outsourced half-robot, so that any real communication or resolving the issue was impossible.

For example, take these MobileRead forums. They are probably the world's no. 1 message boards for the subject they cover. I'm asking myself: where is the Apple representative on these boards? Where is the Google representative? Where is the Amazon representative? And where is the Microsoft representative? Someone to whom we could address our wishes and concerns, and receive competent replies on behalf of the makers of e-reader software?

Answer: there is no one like that here. Corporations just don't give a damn, do they? They're just too big to care about individual customers any longer. It's all about the great, anonymous, indistinguishable mass of users. That's where the big money is, after all, right?

You can see the creators of alternative e-reader apps participating here on MobileRead, lovingly and patiently responding to user requests. Isn't that the kind of approach that one might more reasonably expect from mega-corporations, with thousands of people on their staff?

Yeah, you might, but it's just not happening. Corporations would have to hire real people, real experts, not outsourced half-robots with a database of canned responses at their fingertips, in order for those people to usefully participate in discussions on the MobileRead boards.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote