View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #49
RHWright
Addict
RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST, Nexus 7
Saw a review at http://goodereader.com/blog/reviews/...o-glo-ereader/ that seriously makes me consider Kobo for my next eInk device. (Hoping that's not soon, but they are electronics.)

One thing in the review bugged me: "The eagerly anticipated Kobo Glo e-reader has just hit the market and gives you the unique ability to read in the dark." Now, my word-loving soul cringes at the abuse of the word "unique" in general, but this doesn't even make sense in context. How is this a unique feature? The NOOK has it. Kindles shipped this week. LCD could always do it. Am I missing something? Is Kobo's execution of this feature somehow unique? It seems much like the NOOK, with some refinements.

Or is he talking about Kobo's major Canadian market where the NOOK is not officially marketed?

Anyhow, looks great. I hope I don't have to split up my eInk and tablet providers, but Kobo seems one up in the former, while I'm leaning towards the NOOK HD for the latter.
RHWright is offline   Reply With Quote