View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
That is not a surprise at all. The surprise was that they were selling them at all. I think that leaves Best Buy as the only local B&M store still selling them.
Staples sells them.

It's easy to understand Walmart's decision. Most people would probably rather do business with Amazon than Walmart. Absent a discount, why would anyone get in a car and deal with a Walmart when they could click a link at Amazon and have the product delivered to their home? For an impulse buy, most people would probably go to Best Buy or Staples where sales associates and presentation are a notch higher (technically anyway).

No knock on Walmart -- I shop there regularly -- but there are things I just don't associate with Walmart.

I have four Fires. I bought three at Staples and one at Walmart. The one I bought at Walmart was advertised with a $50 gift card. When I got to the store (the Sunday the sale started), the store did not have a current flyer, there were no Fires on display, and the sales associate did not know if 1) they had fires, and 2) there was a sale. I waited patiently for the associate to work things out, but only because I was going to get a $50 gift card for my troubles.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote