View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 03:05 AM   #14
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm aware of this, doesn't change the fact that you can setup calibre to auto-send newly fetched news to your T-1 via your own personal email account.
Sure, but just because you can auto-send yourself email from calibre doesn't change that fact that it's still not auto-delivered to your T1 like it is with the Kindle. You have to log in to your email account through the T1 browser, find the email, and download it. It just took me 17 sec to fetch one news article and 4 min 58 sec to email it to myself via calibre. That's really slow. I find dropbox to be a much faster method, especially if you have multiple files. Then, all of your files are on a single web page from which you can download, and you don't have to go into each email individually. But, hey, it's good to have choices so people can pick the method that they like best. However, all of these choices on the T1 involve some amount of manual interaction, and it won't just magically appear on your home screen like it does with the Kindle email system.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote