View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Well, after taking a look at this, there's a whole bunch of interesting stuff . That was pretty crazy . Kudos to jesse!

For example, that's probably where the dbus-watcher on usbPlugOut idea originally came from, and also the powerd.resuming dbus call to refresh the Home screen.

That said, I have zero need for the thing, given that I can do the exact same thing manually on my Linux box, and that'll probably end up being way faster than on the ~500MHz ARM CPU of the Kindle, and that we can neatly wirelessly side-load stuff with the K3.

But, I'm willing to throw out an updated update file (without the browser hack, given that it won't work on FW 3.x, and is AFAICT impossible to replicate there [all signs point to the download restrictions being built into the browser binary itself]) with jesse's latest savory image. (ie. I won't update the savory image [python, poppler, calibre, ...] for the simple reason that I'm lazy, and there's way too much stuff to build for something I won't ever use).

I won't test it, and I have no idea if it'll work, but if people are still interested, I'm willing to give it a try...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-13-2010 at 08:46 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote