Thread: Hacks Adding Backlight
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #16
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch615 View Post
Wow really down on modding here aren't we.

I don't think the solution to not being able to use a 400 dollar device how I want is to buy an 800 dollar device. I already have a Voyage for my normal books, I want to be able to read the comics and manga that are on my DX. Simple as that. Plus 800 bucks is more than half of my monthly pay, so no way. If I buy any new readers it's going to be an Oasis.

I'm not looking for something adjustable, just on. From what I can tell I should be able to embed the LEDs inside the front panel all around the screen. With the proper resistors I should be able to tune the light just how I want. The only real issue is where to draw the power from. I don't want to pull directly from the battery as that would require building some kind of PCB to regulate the power draw. These are 1mmx5umx2um SMD LEDs. As long as I can find a 3v source I should be able to wire the LEDs around the screen in series, slap a switch in front, and I'd be good to go. Heck I could even slap in a micro-ceramic trim pot to be able to adjust brightness.

And yeah, this is basically for the fun of it. Since it really hasn't been used in over a year I want to make this thing usable the way I want it. As I said, my big issue here is finding a power rail to draw from.
I didn't see any modding. Just a suggestion for a different reader.
Now how are we supposed to know your income? Just because someone suggests something is no reason to get upset because you can't afford/don't want it.

As to your original question, why don't you try to attach a light if you think it will work.
I may even have an idea. Buy you a string of small solar powered led lights. Take apart the DX. String the lights all around and under the screen. Attempt to put the DX back together. Now you will have a lighted DX. Whether it works or not may be another story.
Just turn the power box solar side down when you want the lights to turn on.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote