View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 12:30 PM   #13
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I see a lot of that book snobbery all the time on some Facebook groups (for people who enjoy reading) that I frequent. The same old tired arguments get heated ad-nauseam.

Raise your hand if you've heard any of these at least once:
  • "I could never read from a screen! So impersonal"
  • "Nothing can match the feel of a REAL BOOK!"
  • "You can't curl up with a Kindle!"

I used to get caught up in defending e-readers (I love them!) but now I just grab popcorn and watch the show. ;-)
I see it more in real life than in Facebook groups (I use Facebook as little as possible).

I've noticed that most of the people making those arguments typically haven't spent any real time with an e-ink device.

I know I started as one of those people. When you think of e-books you think of your phone or tablet. It doesn't help that B&N and Amazon muddied the waters by releasing tablets in the Nook and Kindle line.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote