View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #19
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Hmmm... ok, let's see.

First off, where is that "Import Collections from Another Device" feature? I never found anything like that. Are you sure it's there on the K5?

Second... no. AFAIK, the K5 does not use a JSON representation of the collections, everything is stored in the database.

Anyway... it would be pretty trivial to export the collections tree to JSON or XML - and to import it back. It could be possible to get it to work with the content as well, assuming that the titles are unique. But that is speculation for now, until the questions below are answered

I'm still a bit confused. What do I have to do in calibre to manage collections? How does that relate to the collections.py that you linked? And, could you post an example of a JSON or XML file in the format that should be supported?
Side note about importing from another kindle: All you have to do is go to Archived Items and in the menu there is an option to import collections. If you have another kindle registered to you then it copies the collections from that kindle to yours.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote