View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 05:20 PM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Does Forma become slower in managing its stored library with more ePubs in storage

I'm considering getting a Kobo Forma, maybe just the smaller, 8GB version.

Can anyone tell me if managing your libary of books on your internal storage slows down the more ePubs you have? What, for instance, is the difference in speed, when viewing your library, between having 100 ePubs (let's say it's 100MB) versus 8,000 (let's say that's maxing out the 8GM storage)?

What prompts my question is a comment I saw on an ereader blog. Please refer to the comment posted by fjtorres on September 5 2013

Quote:
I hear similar complaints about the Sonys on mobileread.
The database limit (~2000 books) seems to be due to the hardware, onboard memory for caching the metadata, perhaps. The only readers that seem to be able to manage large libraries on SD card are the ones that use the file system instead of a database. Which explains why 2GB on board storage has become so common; it keeps the library within manageable bounds–reducing support calls–and reducing build costs.

Last edited by droopy; 02-28-2019 at 08:11 PM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote