View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #27
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Honestly, you have to wonder, at what point will all of us just give up and only make books with default fonts, plain centered headings without bold, no fleurons (the endless joy with the HD versus non-HD devices at Amazon), and maybe a few italics for flourishes? ...

Hitch
Actually, I'm sorry to admit, our house is almost at that point already. Fortunately, at least 90% of our books are fiction novels, so there's minimal tricky formatting required. We try to avoid embedded fonts, and stick with fairly simple text formatting that at least offers a tip-of-the-hat to the print book design, and we pretty much target the Kindle devices (albeit in a sort of least-common-denominator sense). That's where most of our market is, by far.

BTW, Back when iPads first came out, many of our authors really wanted to be in the iBookstore. Now, most of them realize where the big money is.

I've come to the conclusion that if I produce a valid epub that conforms to specs, and somebody sells an ereader that claims to display said epub, but doesn't do so properly, that MIGHT be their problem, not mine.

In fact, I'm even beginning to lose sympathy for legacy Kindle devices, now that even the K3 (keyboard) can handle kf8.

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote