View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 12:18 AM   #5
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Part 4 - Plucker, DOC, and others

Well, as I said, I've only used iSilo and html so far. What I can tell you is where to change things to get your other systems started.

The first step is to edit your "sitescooper.cf" file. This is the configuration file that Sitescooper defaults to. The key in here is to tell Sitescooper the location of the conversion tool that you are using. You'll want to check the documentation on this, and the config file itself is pretty heavily commented, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

The next thing is to change the command switch. The -misilox switch tells Sitescooper to use iSiloXC.exe to do the conversion. For the other formats substitute the following switches:
-doc for DOC format
-plucker for Plucker
-richreader for Richreader format
-html for html format
Pretty straightforward, right? These are enumerated in the documentation. Of these, I've used -html successfully. The one thing to note for using it is that by default Sitescooper will dump the scoops into the "tmp/txt" subdirectory. If you are having problems with other methods, you can convert to html and then use whatever desktop software you have to convert to your final format.