View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Unhappy Grosse Problem, hilfen mich bitte!

(This post has also been posted in the English PRS 505 troubleshooting forum. I take the liberty of reposting it here as it concerns German firmware. Also, my apologies: my German does not go much further than what I have put in the title!)

Hi everyone,

I hope someone will take the time to read this post, for I am at a complete loss...

I recently purchased a PRS-505 from a German supplier to replace my broken one. Silly me, I had not realised the PRS would be in German, nor that it would be tricky to change the language.

Looking on the forum, I found some ways to do just that, with PRSCustomizer, but it did not work (I got an error message concerning the firmware number). I then made a very stupid mistake: I deleted ALL the files on the reader, not just those from PRSCustomizer. Yes, it was dumb, but it was late and I was tired...

Now, everytime I switch on the reader, it says "Die Firmware wird aktualisert...", but the message never leaves. When plugged into my Mac, the reader is not recognised anymore, so I can't flash it. I am at a loss as to what I can do. Please, I need !!!

Thanks in advance!
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote