View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 10:22 PM   #8
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drezin View Post
Is it just me, or do downloadable books cost more than just buying the paperback?
Usually, yes. It seems strange to us as consumers since we're not getting that physical item that took resources to create, ship, store and sell. We can't usually transfer ownership or our ebooks as we can with the physical item and, if they're DRMed, we may not even have access to them permanently. Most folks feel that they should be paying less than the paperback price. However, the publishers seem to approach it more from the perspective of what the traffic will bear. Personally I think they could sell a lot more ebooks with lower prices and still have way better margins than they had with paper books but they didn't ask me.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote